24 October, 2012

Autumnal Musings OR Falling for Fall!

I have a confession to make:
I just arrived home after a ten hour drive at the tail end of an incredible trip to Rhinebeck, NY.
I will, of course, blog about the whole experience.

Today, however, I am exhausted, so we'll get an abbreviated post today.

But that does not make it an unimportant one, as I'm sure everyone moving to a place with actual seasons will attest.

Today's post is about Fall.

You see, back in LA, Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall were only determined by the clothes people wore.

For example, here is Spring:

At least, I think it's Spring.

And here is Fall:

Okay, it's the exact same picture.
But you get the idea.

But when we moved to Indiana, and then drove across several states to New York, we got to witness the amazing season that most of the country gets called Autumn.

Trees that are ORANGE?!? Madness!

Seriously, some of the vista we got of forests of trees were so beautiful we forgot to take pictures.

This was the best we got: More sky than trees...
...but those hills and mountains? All colorful trees.

But let me tell you: I love autumn for many reasons.

1)Sweaters and heavier clothing. I love the chill surrounding you while you're toasty and stylish.

Especially in the sweater my gorgeous wife
designed and knit just for me!

2)The COLORS! I know it goes without saying, but come on:

Gorgeous!

Still gorgeous!

And what about this, you ask?
Of course it's gorgeous!

3) The word Autumnal. Go ahead. Say it a few times. You won't regret it.

As in: "My, what an Autumnal picture this is!"

There are many more reasons, and I'll show many more pictures from the Rhinebeck show later, but I did want to express my complete love for this season, short as it may be before Winter sets in.

Now: Rich, colorful forests and grass.
In one month: Dead trees and mud.

But it's okay, I still love you, Autumn.

And I'm glad you're here.

No comments:

Post a Comment